[ddots-l] Audio latency and other problems with audio in sonar

  • From: "Blake Hardin" <blakehardin5487@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:33:16 -0600

Hi all, ok i am using sonar 7 and have a keyboard going to my motu
interface and the output in csonar is set to the motu main outs. The
input is set to the motu analog 1 left and that is the channel my
keyboard is coming through. My driver mode under options is set to the
one at the bottom called bit 32 or something like that? My problem is
i think that sonar is still using my hd audio card on my mother board
to produce the output. even though the output is still coming out of
my motu interface. I went in to the drivers tab and disabled the hd
audio input and output and now i am not getting any playback when i
open up the project through my motu main outs. Also under the audio
tab i put the play back to audio main outs and still nothing. If i try
to change the bit of my driver to like 18 or somthing then sonar
complains that one or more sound cards does not support this and it
has been changed to the default. So help please? How do i get sonar
not to see my onboard sound card at all? I have also went under
control pannel and changed the sound and audio device preferences to
use only the selected devices and also told it not to and the same
results occur. Can motu support anything beond 16 bit? I would think
so since someone on here said they were recording at 24 bitt? thanks
alot for any help.