[dbaust] Vision Extra and Focal Point – 1197AM - 5RPH Adelaide

  • From: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:32:21 -0700 (PDT)

Vision Extra and Focal Point – 1197AM -  5RPH AdelaideSent: Thursday, 22 March,
2012 12:22 PMFrom: "Peter Greco" <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Our guest on Vision Extra is Ben Phillips, who along with 3 other Members of
the Achilles Athletics Club, who are blind or vision impaired, did the Coast
Trek for the Fred Hollows Foundation.http://www.achilles-sydney.org.au/home.htm

You can hear Ben's interview, go towww.rphadelaide.org.au/links/VE.mp3

Our guests on Focal Point are:Michael Curran, one of the real brains and power
behind NVDA, (Non-Visual Desk Top Access), free screen reader), talking about
the release highlights that day of NVDA 2012.1 released and looking for some
possible leads for funding this most worthwhile
Project.http://www.nvda-project.org/blog/NVDA2012.1Released

Lui Palombi, the Young President of the Adelaide Branch of Blind Citizens
Australia, talking about a "brain storming" meeting happening this Saturday,
March 24th at the Royal Society for the Blind, 230 Pirie Street at 10 am and
the desire to get a Young Blind Citizens Group up and going in South
Australia.www.bca.org.au

Victor Velgush, from Refine Realestate, and a newish Member of the Board of
Management of the Blind Sporting Council, talking about his involvement with
the Council and Council's
activities.http://www.blindsport.com.au/meet_our_people.html

You can hear these interviews, go towww.rphadelaide.org.au/links/FP.mp3

RPH Adelaide Incorporated is a not-for-profit, disability service provider
delivering a reading and information service to the print handicapped via radio
1197am RPH Adelaide. 1st Floor Building 4 at 32-56 Sir Donald Bradman Drive
Mile End SA 5031 Phone: 08 8234 1197
  RegardsPeter Greco<peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>http://www.rphadelaide.org.au       ;