[dbaust] Travelling Interstate - Qantas Carer Concession.

  • From: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bca-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:22:22 -0700 (PDT)

Travelling Interstate - Qantas Carer Concession.

Hi George,

I saw your question the other day, on the email list(s) but didn't have the
time to answer you.

I rang Nican today, 1800 806 769 to check with them about the Qantas Carer
Concession.

One thing they said today, about the Carers Concession is that for whatever
reason, if your Carer who is booked to fly with you, can't travel, then it is
really easy to swap to another carer to fly with you instead.  Anyone, who has
booked a so called "normal flight:" will tell you, that changing the person
travelling with you is often quite difficult.

Another thing they said, is that you can use your Companion Card information as
part of your application for the Nican Qantas Carer Concession Card.

Qantas Carer Concession is not available for Jetstar flights only Qantas
flights.

Before you apply, please contact Nican for more information here is their
email: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or phone number 1800 806 769

For others on the list, Nican didn't know what a BL50 Concession is, but they
said that there was some sort of concession specifically for people who were
blind or vision impaired, but now everyone comes under the same Qantas Carer
Concession Card.  The other thing Nican said, was they only do the Qantas Carer
Concession, and they are not sure if Singapore Airlines still offer a
Concession on their airline, you would need to check this direct with Singapore
Airlines.

Bye for now...Erika WebbWednesday 2 May 2012 - 10.15 amerikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Qantas Carer ConcessionNican administers the Qantas Carer Concession Card on
behalf of Qantas.http://www.nican.com.au/about/qantas-carer-concession

The Qantas Carer Concession Card is issued to people with a disAbility and high
level support needs who require the full-time assistance of a carer whilst they
are on the plane. A person is eligible if they need to have one-on-one support
when seated on the plane for assistance with meals/drinks, transferring to the
bathroom, orientation, communicating with the flight staff etc. A person would
not be eligible if they only need assistance boarding the plane, or when they
arrive at their destination.

Qantas Carer Concession cardholders and their nominated carer will receive the
following discounts for Qantas domestic travel within Australia.

For Qantas Carer Concession Cardholders:10% discount on domestic Economy Class
fares

For Nominated  Carers:50% discount on domestic Economy Class fares

Business Class Travel  For Qantas Carer Concession Cardholders:50% off J class
Business Class Fares when D class are available

For Nominated Carers:50% off J class Business Class Fares when D class are
available

Notes:All discounts are subject to booking class availability.

Bookings for the cardholder and their nominated carer must be made at the same
time and both bookings must be made using the Card in order to obtain the
discount.

Fare conditions for community fares apply and not the fare rules of the
published fare type

The Qantas Booking Fee is not payable on bookings made using Qantas Carer
Concession Card

Discounts are not available:·         on international travel;·         on
flights operated by any of Qantas' alliance partners; or·         in
conjunction with any other concessional airfare eg airfares for children and
seniors

This card is a photo ID card which is valid for three years and has an
administration fee of $27.50 including GST.

For further information and an application form contact Nican.

About Our ServicesNican is information on recreation, tourism, sport and the
arts for people with disAbilities and supports an Australian society where any
recreational opportunity values diversity, supports freedom and choice and
strengthens inclusive communities.

Nican aims to create active and dynamic national links between people, places
and resources that improve access to recreation experiences for people with
disAbilities and their communities.

Nican is funded as an Information Service by the Australian Government
Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.

Nicanhttp://www.nican.com.auEmail: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Freecall/TTY: 1800 806
769Phone: (02) 6241 1220Fax: (02) 6241 1224
Address:Unit 548 Brookes StreetMitchell ACT 2911