[dbaust] Save the Kangan Auslan course

  • From: "Trudy Ryall" <trudy.ryall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 22:43:59 +1000

Hello  I willl pass this to anyone I know - please read below.  Trudy

Hello all.   I received a most shocking news yesterday about the strong
possibility of the only Victorian TAFE Auslan course (diploma degree) being
scrapped due to the Victorian Government budget cuts.  Obviously, this will
have a mammoth impact on the service delivery to many Deaf and deafblind people
who rely on Auslan for their everyday communication.  Carla

Without this course, many people would not be able to develop the high level of
Auslan skills in order to become qualified interpreters.  We, Deaf and
deafblind people, need more interpreters.

I just signed the campaign: Save the Kangan TAFE Australian Sign Language Course
It would mean the world to me if you could also add your name to this important
issue. Every name that is added builds momentum around the campaign and makes
it more likely for us to get the change we want to see.
Will you join me by taking action on this campaign? Just type in your name and
phone number and postcode.  Apparently they need at least 4,000 signatures and
they have about 3,200 so far.
http://www.communityrun.org/petitions/save-the-kangan-tafe-australian-sign-language-course

Please pass this on to any relevant people to spread this.  Carla Anderson