[softwarelist] Re: transferring files

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:17:28 +1100

David Pilling wrote:
In message <49A24826.7000000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In VA I have converted Impression documents to Ovation with one objecting reports with an internal error trap while in trap handler not enough memory stack overflow at xxxxx. All the files are the same size about 500K just this one objects.

Well files get corrupted - can Impression load the file. Then Impression does corrupt its own documents. It may just be an Impression document that my loader can't understand.

Personally if there was a problem I'd use the little program inside TransIMP to convert to DDL from the command line - see if it crashes at that stage in which case we know the problem is the loaded - then load the DDL.

The ones converted and readable in OP in VA in Windows renaming as they all have extensions either .bc5 or .b27 whatever that means it then reports will not open as no suitable filter found.

I don't understand.

No suitable filter means the file has the wrong extension (try .imp for Impression documents) or the correct filter has not been installed.

Just me having a seniors moment well recovering from stint in hospital.

Must explore TransIMp as not used that facility to convert thanks for prompt.

Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales