[softwarelist] Re: shared lib

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:09:55 +0100

Hi,

In message <dd04725351.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
When installing !OPro on VA it tells me, when booting up, that my
Shared Library is out of date and also plain font is missing.

Hmm. I'm not so sure about these problems.

There was some messing about with the shared C library, in that I went through some versions of OP which required the new 32 bit library and then moved back to versions that can use the standard one.

I would be inclined to copy !OvnPro from my CD and then immediately apply the upgrade to the latest version from my web site. That should get rid of any need for the 32 bit C library.

It's not clear to me how far you'll get without the 32 bit library using other pieces of software...

I don't know what the "plain font" is - I've never heard that term. You might have a document somewhere that uses a font of that name which is being loaded on start-up. It's hard to say, one solution is to find the missing font and install it, but perhaps the loading of this document is not what you want, in which case the solution is to find it and remove it.

Similarly are you installing from CD or have you copied OP across from an existing installation - in that case where I say install from CD above, just apply the upgrade to what you've got - in fact that may be the best idea anyway.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK