[softwarelist] Re: Thesaurus disables Mouse wheel Scrolling

  • From: Evan Clark <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:20:24 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ccec372f50.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2009, Evan Clark wrote:
> > In article <cb44312f50.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> What HID settings do you have?
> >
> > In HID choices, Scroll wheel tab:
> >
> > Scroll wheel support is ticked.
> >
> > Vertical and Horizontal are both set to Part of visual area with Step
> > 4 units.
> >

> Does this result in the LH scrolling running out of data?
> It does here, the window becomes blank if I scroll more than a dozen?
> words.

Setting an exception to use Scroll Request for Thesaurus prevents that
but unfortunately the Synonym/Antonym pane then no longer responds to the
scroll wheel. Working with the main Thesaurus window maximised, that's
possibly the lesser of two evils.

Maybe a complete solution is beyond our control and would require a
change to the program itself.

Evan.