[softwarelist] Re: TextPal applet

  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:24:11 +0000

In a previous message, Robin Phillips <rphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Sorry, but I've seen this reply without having read the original question!
> Can anyone tell me what TextPal actually DOES?

It provides a small pallette window that brings some text attributes together,
letting you alter them more easily than hunting through menus and dialogue
boxes. It does have a couple of nasty bugs (for example, trying to use it
while you have a picture frame selected will crash OvPro), but is (IMHO) quite
useful if you work around them. (The bugs could be fixed relatively easily,
but I've never got round to it  :-/  )

> Secondly, is there any unified index to the titles of the various Applets?

There are a couple of websites with useful indices, which were started before
so many were distributed with OvPro. Can't remember the URLs, but searching
for Ovation and applet should get you there quite quickly.

HTH

John
--
John Pettigrew                       Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx          Fun : Strategy : Price