[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:38:04 +0000

In message <4f85131afachris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I find that SyncDiscs usually aborts mid-syncing and complains that
something's locked to prevent changes being made to it.  If I re-Start,
it'll continue past the point it got to before but stops further on
with the same complaint.  I have to repeat this sequence several times
before the process is complete, meaning I can't leave it to get on with
it.

(Iyonix, OS 5.13, SyncDiscs 1.10, primy and secy directories are IDE
hard-discs, scrap directory and log file are set, 'copy newer' and
'copy extra' unselected, 'overwrite selected.)

What's happening?  Any suggestions would be most welcome.

I'd look at the log file to see where things go wrong.

I don't recall off hand what can go wrong. How does it cope with locked files...? Personally I hated locked files and I never had any. It is also possible to envisage that with the scrap folder in play unusual situations can arise.