[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS question

  • From: "Bruce Goatly" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:02:08 +0100

Dear Trevor,

Thank you! We proceed apace.

All good wishes,

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: David Pilling
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:57 AM
To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: SparkFS question

Hi,

On 10/09/2014 05:24, Dave Symes wrote:
> Yes we've taken that as a given, but have concluded it's highly unlikely a
> hacker in Eastern Europe or Russia would have it.

It's a bit like why are there so many virus problems with Windows and
few for RISC OS (or other OSs). RISC OS would be much easier to hack,
but there are far fewer opportunities.

If you know that 30% of people use the password "secret", better to
tackle their accounts than invest you time guessing what the rest do.

The chaps at GCHQ are playing a different game, interested in specific
people rather than the mass. A problem if those specific people use
their own encryption system. Or perhaps not since they'd then stick out
from the crowd.

www.davidpilling.com