[softwarelist] Re: Problem OPW document

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:26:05 +0100

Clive Bonsall wrote:

Yesterday, created an OPW document which contains a single TIFF image.

Today, I am unable to edit the document. The document opens in a window but, as soon as I attempt to scroll down to the page containing the (referenced) picture, the following error message appears:

TIFFopen: (Path ... file).tif: Cannot open

... and OPW crashes!

There appears to be nothing wrong with the original TIFF file, and the location of the TIFF file hasn't changed.

What can I do to salvage the OPW document?

Solved it, I think ...

Simply deleted the following from the DDL file:

PICTURE_9c5b={picture
{reference "C:\\Documents and Settings\\cbonsall\\My Documents\\OPWdocs\\IGconference\\GreenHV\\Fig01(hv).tif"}

... then re-saved the DDL. That seems to have had the effect of hiding the picture, so that I could then delete it (Ctrl-K) and drag the original file back into the frame. Now I have a usable document once more.

But I still have no idea what is wrong with the two lines above. The path and file name are correct, as far as I can see.
--
C.B.