[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro Win version

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:48:10 +0100

Hi,

In message <4DA57AAF.3060008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tony van der Hoff <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I'm pleased to report that it appears to run fine under WINE 1.2.2, although I haven't tested all features.

Sounds good, I wonder if they have sorted out the problems, which presumably improving the Windows emulation would do.

Having installed it from an old CD, it identifies itself as Version 2.75 (05 Nov 05). Checking on the web site, I find that the latest version is 1.08 (28th July 2010). Has the version numbering been restarted? Is it worth upgrading?

You've got the program version, and the CD version. Doesn't make sense to compare the two.

I would quite like to create a new CD from the latest version; is there an ISO image available?

No.

It would make things more difficult for me.

I guess you want a tool, that does a sync between a web site and a disc folder. wget springs to mind but I don't know if it does sync, or just get.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK