[softwarelist] OvPro to Epub (Out of Age old problem)

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:04:47 +0100

Good day folks.
I've put together an OvPro document for Fay detailing how to get her
material from an OvPro file processed and on until she ends up with a very
good Epub file for her EReader.

The process had to be straight forward and not require any Html or CSS
editing, for though she is very computerate in some areas, she has
absolutely no knowledge of Html/CSS.

She appears to be very happy with the solution, and I think the recipe
I've put together might be useful for others thinking of playing the
EReader game.

I've put an archive up on one of my sites, it contains the details with
illustrations in an OvPro document, and for those without OvPro there's
also a PDF version.

http://www.triffid.co.uk/dstuff/OvEpub.zip

It's worth noting, my document only details the broad process, so if you
want the general minutia of how to configure and use Kompozer, Calibre,
and possibly Sigil, you'll need to consult their respective manuals.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid