[softwarelist] Re: OPro RISC OS speech applet oddity.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:20:04 +0100

In message <4ed881cd3dchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Regarding the Speech applet, not something I have ever used, and have
trawled my hard drives with no result. However, If Peter would like
to send me a copy of the Speech applet I will take a look and see if
I can make anything of it.

It is on the web site at:

http://pilling.users.netlink.co.uk/ovationpro/applets/files/speech.zip

I've no doubt it is on the CD too.

I've not had much to do with this applet, John Wallace @ Beebug wrote it, I suspect I've never had the speech module, so I've not done much testing.

Martin, of course one has to draw the line somewhere, but supporting ligatures would not have been too hard.

It has made me wonder how easy it would be to do the applet on Windows. I have read that Vista comes with speech recognition built in.

Finally in passing, my .com, .net and .co.uk web sites addresses are messed up at the moment - I've always tried to give such addresses whilst others have often used the absolute addresses (as above), for now they have been proved right.

My likely strategy now is to move everything to the davidpilling.info site. So if it is years hence and you're reading this, the above will not be there.

Ah what things you could tell us...