[softwarelist] Re: OPW - referencing pictures

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:41:40 +0000

I think I may have raised this before, but I can't find it in the archives ...

I have a whole series of (quite complex) documents containing pictures (B&W photos). For the most part the pictures were created as TIFFs. After the TIFFs were dropped into their picture frames, the individual pictures were referenced, and the referenced pictures collected ... so they reside in a Pictures folder inside the directory containing the OPW document.

As long as I don't shut down the computer, everything seems OK. However, very often, if I restart the computer, OPW says it can't open the TIFF files -- yet they have not changed location.

Does the problem lie with the fact that the pictures start off as TIFF files?
--
C.B.