[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Tabs, hanging indents, and justification

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:43:20 -0000

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:01:11 -0000, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In message <49395188.1060105@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes

Is there a way to get text to align exactly to the indent position, whilst still keeping enhanced justification on? Apologies if this has been covered previously on this list.

I think the situation is that tabs and justification (of any kind) are not compatible and you'll get unreliable results.

This goes back a long way, my thoughts were that tabs and justification don't make sense together, however Chris Ford pointed out that the correct behaviour is to justify the text after the last tab stop. One day I may do that.

Fine ... it's not a serious problem. But it's something I've noticed from time to time.
--
C.B.