[softwarelist] Re: OP stylesheets

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:15:27 +0000

In message <4f7a74bc4achris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Are OP stylesheets supposed to save printing options?  They seem to
save most of the printing dbox information, except for the details of
custom thumbnails.

When I use one of my stylesheets to start a new document, custom
thumbnails is selected, which is correct.  But the details (ie. how
many thumbnails and their x- and y-gaps) seem to be carried over from
the previous document I editted, not the values used when I saved the
stylesheet.  Am I expecting too much?

Good point. Print formats rely on the ability of scripts to store extra information in documents. However Ovation Pro does not know about this information, so when creating a stylesheet from a document it does not copy it.

This is not something I've thought about before. On the one hand it would be useful for some data (like the above), but on the other it would mean new documents created from stylesheets copied over lots of junk.

Maybe you could just create an empty document and use it instead of a stylesheet.