[softwarelist] Re: Line question

  • From: Jhr JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:13:51 GMT

In message <50c5955701dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <SxGuF3AwlBHLFwf2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <50c58860d5dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
>> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>>Steve, could you please expand on your suggestion a bit more, as the
>>>only reference to that is on page 87 in the manual. How would you make
>>>a permanent guide line?

>> Turn on rulers, click on ruler. You can select horizontal and vertical
>> guidelines and position/delete them.

> Yeeees, I see, thanks for that bit 'o info.

> I don't think that would be any good for me as the guide line doesn't
> run over the main doc frame.

> I always have ruler On, and I've often wondered just what those dotted
> lines that run from the x,y 0.00 in to the start of the main doc frame
> were.

The 2 preceding paragraphs indicate that in your default document set
up:

   1.  guidelines have been used/iserted to set up the main doc frame
and not deleted before saving as default;
   2.  In "View Preferences (ctrlP -> View)  "Guidelines to back" has
been selected.

In the latter case if you select "Guidelines to front" the guidelines
do appear over the main doc frame.

--
Greetings,
JohnvV