[softwarelist] Re: Export to CSV?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:21:57 +0000

Hi,

On 25 Feb 2013, at 08:24, Ewen Pring <Ewen_Pring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anybody written an applet to export Ovation Pro stories from a
> document as a CSV file?

I think I'd save the whole document as DDL and then parse out (with another
piece of code), the details I wanted.

I suppose if I had got around to adding the script functions to allow the caret
to be stepped around a document, then that plus saving the contents of text
frames would be another way.

I'm not sure how your stories with newlines etc. will play with CSV, which
usually has elements separated by commas or tab characters, with records split
by newlines. It would work if you escaped formatting, like the C language
convention of (slash) n for new line etc.

David Pilling
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx