[softwarelist] Colour printing from OvPro

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:37:38 +0100

Hi,

I've produced a 2-sided OvnPro document which includes some colour
photos:
   www.prostate-cancer-support.co.uk/docs/sponsor2012

If I print this direct to my PS printer (using a PS2 or PS3 driver)
then the printed colours are awful - as if they've been reduced to just
a handful of full tones.

But all the original colours are retained if I print via a different
route:  First producing a PDF by 'printing' to PrintPDF, and then
printing this PDF (using a PS2 or PS3 driver):
   www.prostate-cancer-support.co.uk/docs/sponsor2012.pdf

So clearly both OvnPro and the PS2 and PS3 printer drivers are capable
of outputting the colours correctly.  So why can't I print direct from
OvnPro to PS2 or PS3?

I'm using:
   Iyonix with RISC OS 5.16
   Samsung CLP-550 printer
   OvnPro 2.77
   Printers 1.72

I've noticed this problem before, so it's not confined to just this
document.  Please can someone shed some light on what's happening?

Many thanks,
Chris Bell.