[softwarelist] Re: Century symbol

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:57:26 +0100

On 15 Oct 2012  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

> In message
> <OF8B2AD1FD.7101735C-ON80257A98.003CF433-80257A98.003D86EE@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx writes
>>That was where I started, but couldn't find a way of doing the horizontal
>>shift. What have I missed?

> Misc->Insert->fixed space

> There is also tracking/kerning if all you want is a horizontal shift.
> These shifts allow characters to over print.

> Trying it, I cursed the fact that fixed spaces seem additive. In other
> words if the caret is sat at a space, fixed space does not update what
> is there, it seems to add another one. So you end up going

> <insert space>
> <don't like it>
> <undo>
> <insert space>

I think it should be able to be done using a combination of vertical
shift and negative tracking in the Modify Text window, though I
haven't quite made it work, and don't have time to experiment further
just now.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.