[softwarelist] CMYK output for commercial printing

  • From: "John Leeming" <jleeming231@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:23:17 -0000

I need to produce a composite CMYK pdf file from an Ovation Pro document is RISCOS. I wonder if anyone can help?

I know that the Acorn postscript printer drivers will only give an RGB composite output, which seems to get converted to cmy (not cmyk) when processed using RiScript.

Would John amd Martin's Postscript 3 driver give a true CMYK composite (where black text remains as Key only) from Ovation Pro? If so, would RiScript give a correct CMYK output file?

Would an alternative be to convert the Ovation file to the Windows version, and use a suitable pdf creator from that platform? (I'd prefer not to have to do this, because of font incompatibility)

Any advice would be welcomed.

John Leeming.