[softwarelist] Re: Breaking up an existing chapter into two?

  • From: Jeremy Roberts <fjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:07:34 +0000
On 6 Dec 2010, at 15:56, Alan Adams wrote:

[snipped]

Purely out of curiosity, why? Reading a document with a centrefold, I
would expect the centrefold pages to be numbered conesecutively with
the text either side of them, in which case your "proof" pages work
perfectly. It's your document of course, and you will have your own
reasons.

As I said in the 'preamble' - the centrefold was generated separately by someone else (and had Plate numbers, but not pagination) and was inserted into my already-sequentially-paginated document at the printers. It's merely the way we have worked up til now since starting a 'colour-section' a few issues ago.

But to archive the document, we EITHER have TWO separate documents (a B&W and a colour) OR I try and add the plates into the existing doc, as I now have.

JR.

Jeremy Roberts