[dba] Re: OT: Reason?

  • From: Heather Perkins <hperkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:04:42 -0800

Actually, since my post I have solved the main problem (part of it was an
odd anomalous song that for some reason would not change patterns on the
beat, and some was, I confess, "pilot error.")

But--WOW, what tech support!  I heartily commend Propellorheads for
excellent and swift (and personable) support of their product (are you
listening, MOTU?)

I would be interested to hear how people are working with Reason, and also
if anyone has tried, or prefers, Arturia's "Storm." To me, they are
different ways to provide the same kinds of tools, and each has it's own
charms. Storm is a bit more resource-gobbling, but has some neat features,
and promises free upgrades of the main components for life. (!)

Anyway, once I learn the tools, I am going to try to make my own Rex files
and do some stuff that sounds _non_ pattern-based.

Anyone have cool stuff to share that they've done with, or found out about,
any of these "studio in a box" programs? Tips, tricks, the like?

Thanks for the responses to my plea, too. I love the Internet! (Is that
weird?)

- HP

--
Heather McRae Perkins - Sound Designer / Composer
WaterDog Studio - http://www.waterdogstudio.com