[darkice] Re: Darkice on Raspberry PI - Buffer overrun - SOLVED!

  • From: DarkIce <darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 23:31:30 -0400

On Friday, July 06, 2012 19:04:42 Morten Børnes wrote:
> It's working, oh my god, it's actually working!!
> Installing debian with hardfloat actually solved EVERYTHING.

> Btw, there are some "sparkling/crackling" on the audio, but that's
> prolly because of that cheap ass soundcard.

Thats why I asked about it... a little better one may solve it, but also check
ALSAMIXER settings as overdriving it can cause this if your using just a mic
in from something that has a headphone output.

In the US some have a "recording/dubbing" cable which has built in attuenation
but it can bee too much. You may be able to find these in your area.

> Will do some more testing tommorow.
>
> Thank you everybody, you are the greatest!!

THANK YOU for your testing this out.

I've followed up with that distro to get them to recompile their Darkice WITH
MP3 support instead of the neutred one, since from their site they are
recompiling everything. They have all the depends, just need to change the
makefile to undo the idiotic removal of MP3 by Debian.

That would save everyone from compiling it.

Oh and can you make an image of your SD possibly? With obvious settings
removed . . .  If you can I can provide a place to host it.

AGAIN THANK YOU! for your testing... Like I said I threw mine in the parts
heap I was so disgusted with the thing... Will have to dig it out and resource
the parts and project again.