[dance-tech] Watch 50 Animated Dance Videos and Request

  • From: "Doug Fox" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:46:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi and Happy New Year!

Yesterday, I posted a categorized guide to more than 50 posts on Great
Dance that include videos of many different types of dance and movement
animations such as 2D and 3D, stop-motion, visual effects, interactive
performances and installations, computer games, machinima, live action and
CG, motion graphics, visualizations, pre-cinema and many other types.
Here's the directory:

http://greatdance.com/thekineticinterface/2009/01/dance-animation-videos/

or

http://tinyurl.com/8k5xhu

Just follow the links in this directory to watch the videos.

I'm going to continue to expand this directory, edit the categories and
expand the individual posts. So please share your thoughts and
suggestions.

Also, does anybody know how I can get in touch with animator Erica
Russell. I believe she lives in England. She used to have a website but it
is not up any longer. I featured one of her dance animations here:

http://greatdance.com/thekineticinterface/2009/01/2d-animation-erica-russell/

I would like to get permission to show one of her videos at my Kinetic
Cinema program in February (I'll be showing a variety of dance animation
videos at Chez Bushwick in Brooklyn on February 11th):

http://greatdance.com/thekineticinterface/2009/01/dance-animations-kinetic-cinema/

Much thanks!

Doug Fox
doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx