[dance-tech] Troika Ranch Premiere - Jan 18-28 - NYC

  • From: Mark Coniglio <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:13:01 -0500

Dear List,

I hope that if you are in the NYC area, you can come see the finished version of 16 [R]evolutions. (For those who were in Nottingham, a lot has changed since then.) If you can't come personally, but know someone in the area who can, please forward this message.

Best Wishes,
Mark

-------

TROIKA RANCH
IN ASSOCIATION WITH 3 LEGGED DOG
PRESENTS
16 [R]EVOLUTIONS
JANUARY 18-25, 27-28
NEW YORK CITY
info: http://www.troikaranch.org/16revs

Lush imagery vibrates against funnel clouds of physicality as Troika Ranch presents 16 [R]evolutions at 8PM on January 18-25, and 27-28 at Eyebeam Art & Technology Center, 540 W. 21st Street in Chelsea. Tickets are $20 at the door.

Complex, layered, and visually striking, 16 [R]evolutions combines dance, theater and interactive media to explore the tension between our intellectual and animal nature. The work features a new, international cast and ground breaking motion capture technology that allows the dancers to manipulate the video imagery directly with their movement.

For a preview, watch the 16 [R]evolutions "trailer" at http://www.troikaranch.org/16revs/trailer.html

To make reservations online, visit http://www.troikaranch.org/tickets

Because our ten-day run is the longest ever for Troika Ranch in New York, we would be very grateful if you could pass this announcement on to any friends who might be interested in our work.

We hope to see you there.

Best Wishes,
Mark Coniglio & Dawn Stoppiello
Artistic Directors
Troika Ranch
321 Graham Ave. #4R
Brooklyn, NY 11211

16 [R]EVOLUTIONS - WORLD PREMIERE
January 18-25, 27-28, 2006 - 8PM
(No performance January 26)
EYEBEAM Art & Technology Center
540 West 21st Street (between 10th and 11th Avenues)
New York, NY, USA
Tickets: $20 at the door
Online reservations: http://www.troikaranch.org/tickets

16 [R]evolutions was created through an international partnership with essexdance (UK), the International Workshop Festival (UK), Arts Council England - East (UK), and Forum Neues Musiktheater (Germany), with financial support from the Jerome Foundation, DTW ARM Fellowship Program, and the friends of Troika Ranch.

Mark Coniglio, Artistic Co-Director | mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Troika Ranch Dance Theater          | http://www.troikaranch.org