[dance-tech] Real-time Bio behavioural feedback technologies

  • From: Sarah Jane Pell <sarahjanepell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 23:13:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi one and all,

  I am currently researching current bio technologies - standard, modified and
adaptable - that track the temporal dynamics and behavioral processes of people
in action towards new understandings of the variations in human
time/space/place-specific response.

  I am specifically interested in hearing from the dance-tech community about
any creative and unconventional uses of current technologies that feedback
information in real time, have wireless/ blue tooth capabilities, and/ or have
functional links that enable the bio data to activate commands for
pre-installed functions. i.e. eye-tracking activated command processes and so
on and have the potential to work under extreme environment conditions.

  Any hints, links, ideas and crazy suggestions - even blatant plugs of your
own commercially available products and performance laboratories- would be most
welcomed.

  I am currently facing the challenges of working with non-arts professionals
on recommending adaptive strategies and human-mechanico interfaces, linking
traditional bio telemetry and psychological assessments, and human performance
and dance communication, relay, and bio extension principals, to explore
innovative systems support for use in long duration extreme environment habitat
expeditions. I would be so greatful for your support in this instance and open
to probono research suggestions in relation to your ideas.

  Please email me directly with feedback, questions and/or further research
inquires.

  Kind regards,

  SJ

Sarah Jane Pell PhD, SSP06, ADAS2

  UK mobile +44 (0)7856 640017
AU mobile +61 (0)415 711 717

  email: space [at] sarahjanepell.com
  web: www [dot] sarahjanepell.com
skype: sarahjanepell

  PS: Remember every space project needs an artist!

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.