[dance-tech] New Work coming up in May

  • From: Sarah Rubidge <sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:51:09 +0100

Just thought I would alert you all to a forthcoming performance I am
working on for the Linbury Studio, Royal Opera House, London.

It is entitled

Eros~ Eris
by Liz Lea and Sarah Rubidge

Monday 21 to Thursday 24 May at 8pm

The Linbury Studio Theatre hosts two exciting new ROH2 dance theatre
commissions. Liz Lea presents a new dance work inspired by the Greek
philosopher Empedocles with virtual imagery by Sarah Rubidge, and
Cathy Marston and composer Stuart MacRae blend dance, opera and live
video to explore the themes of the famous Greek myth Echo and
Narcissus from Ovid's Metamorphoses.

Australian performer and choreographer Liz Lea collaborates with Sarah
Rubidge, creator of live interactive digital imagery, to present Eros~
Eris a live, intermingling of real and virtual worlds on the Linbury
Studio Theatre stage.  A duet between two dancers (Lea and Fearghus
O'Conchuir) and the mind, it's a subtle and vibrant interplay inspired
by the Greek philosopher Empedocles who saw the world as an ever
turning sphere, or a pendulum ceaselessly moving back and forth
through love (Eros) and strife (Eris) and characterised by
never-ending transformations.   The piece is set to a score by New
Zealand composer John Metcalfe.

£18, £15, £13, £9 standing (£10 students)

Tickets: 0207 304 4000 or www.roh.org.uk
(supported by The Friends of Covent Garden)

Hope to see some of you there

Sarah