[dance-tech] Jamie Jewett | Lostwax perform in New York City

  • From: Jamie Jewett <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:20:13 -0500

Dear Friends
We are coming to New York from Providence, RI
where we had completely sold out performances!
Please join us for out season at the Joyce SoHo this Friday and Saturday,
March 7th and 8th at 8pm
If you don't live in New York, please excuse  this mailing -
and please let your friends know!
for more information:
tickets:
we hope to see you there!
all best
Jamie Jewett

Enter a dynamic world of immersive sound, living hieroglyphs and hundreds of pounds of dripping ice. MELT performance artist Jamie Jewett creates an interactive world inhabited by dancers wearing tiny video cameras and infrared sensors. The piece incorporates three dancers who control a spectacular mix of live video with original footage of glaciers ice caves and the cycle of water.  At the core of this work, LOSTWAX explores the encounter between Tibetan Buddhist iconography and hi-tech performance technology