[dance-tech] Fw: 'Dance in Body, Dance in Mind' programme

  • From: KAREN WOOD <karenwood30@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MEDIA-ARTS-AND-DANCE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:00:48 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,
I'm very pleased to announce the programme for 'Dance in Body, Dance in Mind',
run by the Dance and Academia: Moving the Boundaries project as part of Dancin'
Oxford festival 2011. Please see below/attached for details, and visit
www.dancinoxford.co.uk where further information will be added in due course.
I very much hope many of you will be able to attend some or all of the events
and look forward to seeing you there. I would also be grateful if you could
circulate the information to your networks.

Best wishes
Miranda
Dance and Academia: Moving the Boundaries
presents
‘Dance in Body, Dance in Mind’
at
– Dancin’ Oxford 2011 –

A series of events bringing together dance practitioners and academics to
explore a range of themes through discussion and practice.
All welcome.

MONDAY 21st FEBRUARY, 6-8pm, Ioannou Centre for Classical and Byzantine
Studies,
66 St Giles
Sue Ash‘Fit' women: aesthetic movement or eugenic exercise in the private
gardens and public parks of early twentieth century Britain?
Catherine Charlwood‘Agony nearest Delight’: When and where dance allows us to
hurt beautifully

MONDAY 28th FEBRUARY, 6-8pm, Top Room at Oxford Playhouse, Beaumont St
Christopher EngdahlChoreographic Authorship and Digital Media
(Talk and interactive session)

MONDAY 7th MARCH, 6.30-8.30pm, Top Room at Oxford Playhouse, Beaumont St
Sarah WhatleyWatching Live and Virtual dance: negotiating the relationship
between embodiment and technology
Vicky Fisher Dance Imagery: the Influence of the Mind on the Body (interactive
session)

SATURDAY 19th MARCH, 11.30-5.30pm, MBI Al Jaber Building, Corpus Christi
College, Merton St
Karen Wood, Dee Reynolds and Rosie Kay(Watching Dance Project)
Performer-Spectator Relations in Dance
Sue SmithDancing in the Dark: A Hierarchy of the senses in dance performance?
Ruth PethybridgeRelating to Age: Performances of singularity in
cross-generational performances
Gill WilliamsDance and Disability: Moving the Boundaries
Debbie Lee-Anthony Sharing the dance through the lived body and On Middle
Ground
(performance)

Admission: Monday evenings suggested donation of £2
Saturday 19th March: £10 or £7 concessions (includes light lunch), available
from Tickets Oxford www.ticketsoxford.com or 01865 305 305.

For more information please visit www.dancinoxford.co.uk or email
miranda.c.laurence@xxxxxxxxx