[dance-tech] Re: Digital Cultures lab and Symposium

  • From: "Birringer, Johannes" <johannes.birringer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:34:32 -0000

hello all:

This is just to report that our international research and performance lab
(DIGITAL CULTURES LAB), ended on Sunday night, after intensive workshops,
demonstrations, debates, and three nights of public dance concerts, followed by
the Symposium which was also very well attended and brought together artists,
researchers, philosophers and curators from the dance and performing arts
community sharing the weekend discussions with new media artists from the
Radiator Festival. The lab was attended by 65 artists and researchers from all
over the world. The symposium had about 175 delegates.

We shall be posting a series of summaries and reports over the next two weeks,
and our research library and the descriptions of the experiments and screenings
will be available on our website for a while.

I thank each and all of you who came to participate: without your willingness
to travel to Nottingham and make this encounter possible we would not have had
this most intensive week of shared work.  I am sorry that the demise of the
earlier dance tech list made it harder for me to communicate the planning
stages and developments leading up to the LAB, but i hope that many of you in
the community worldwide knew that our event was happening.  Documentation will
be made available next year.

with many regards

Johannes Birringer
Digital Cultures lab
http://www.digitalcultures.org

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please reply to
this email to highlight the error.  Opinions and information in this email that
do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any
attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check
that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is in keeping
with good computing practice.