CVTM - Mayday Meeting

  • From: Ray Pezolt <repezolt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cvtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 10:34:51 -0600

Well gang - we did it again.  Another successful Tuesday night meeting with the Carbon Valley Toastmasters group.

After verifying that we had a quorum present, our outgoing president, BOYCE LOGSDON, conducted elections for the upcoming 2018 period.  Our new officers will assume their positions on July 1.  If you were not present the results are as follows:

President -RAY PEZOLT DTM

Vice President of Education - DIRK KITTREDGE DTM

Secretary - MAMATHA BHASKARA

Vice President Membership - JED SCHOFIELD

Vice President Public Relations - DESIREE TOWNSEND

Treasurer - BEN FLAIM

Sgt at Arms - BOYCE LOGSDON

Congratulations to all the newly elected officers and a special thank you to all of the outgoing officers for the excellent work they have done to bring us to this point.  We have revived a seriously ailing club and will end the current period with at least a Distinguished club on the DCP program.  Thanks again.

After the elections were concluded, our Toastmasters for the evening, DIRK KITTREDGE started a fun and spectacular meeting.  We had two information speeches from our members.  BRISSA CHILDERS delivered a speech on the proper procedures and equipment required to draw blood.  (I referred to it as Vampire 101).  Yours truly, RAY PEZOLT, delivered an impromptu speech on the correct way to prepare speech introductions and why they should be used.  You shoulda been there.

Our table topics for the meeting was conducted by a first timer, MAMATHA BHASKARA,  She gave us some very challenging questions and made everyone think.

Evaluations were overseen by our first time general evaluator, JED SCHOFIELD.  He had some interesting insites into the meeting and the evaluators.  ANNAMARIE VALDEZ provided the evaluation for BRISSA while DESIREE TOWNSEND provided evaluation for RAY.

The meeting ended on time with the presentation of awards - Best Speaker - BRISSA / Best Table Topics -JED / Best Evaluator - ANNAMARIE.

Thanks again to our outgoing officers - Only two months left, and I will see everyone next week when we can do it all again.

Ray Pezolt

---
http://www.avg.com