[ctw] Re: ASSP web interface stopped working?

  • From: aklist <aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:06:37 -0700

On 4/25/2012 12:01 PM, TR Shaw wrote:

On Apr 25, 2012, at 2:45 PM, aklist wrote:

On 4/25/2012 11:10 AM, TR Shaw wrote:
go to the directory download; you will see files like assp_1.9.6.8(0.0.03).pl;
copy an older one to the assp directory and rename to assp.pl.  Now restart
assp. you can do this by killing the perl process and let launchd respawn, use
launchctl or just restart the machine.

Tom

Thanks Tom...I had tried to stop/start assp using launchctl, but it didn't seem
to work, so I rebooted and now I'm back on 1.9.3.4(1.0.04)...and glory be the
web interface is working again!

So that's a relief, but I'm not sure why 1.9.6.8 wasn't working...it seems like
it was redirecting connection attempts to a port other than 55555...would there
be some reason for that?

What you saw was the source port which always changes. The 55555 is the dest
port.

As for why. Not sure. You might want to look at the config file via a text
editor and see what the allowed ip/ports are.

well, I didn't change the config file in any way before or since the last update...and rolling back to 1.9.3.4 fixed the problem using the same config file...very mysterious?

Is there any chance 1.9.6.8's web admin relies on something external that wasn't updated, like a different PERL lib?

Is there any way to generate some sort of debug info when this error occurs?

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw
post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
search: //www.freelists.org/archives/ctw