[cts-newsletters-html] Top Obscure Downloads/Update vs Upgrade

  • From: "Call for Help Daily" <call_for_help_daily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cts-newsletters-html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:14:08 MST

"Get Back-to-Basics..."
Call for Help
www.techtv.com/callforhelp
*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

10 DOWNLOADS YOU DON'T HAVE
We asked Martin for a list of the top 10 downloads that no one has
and he enlightened us here:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=304457&d=1047731

UPDATE VS UPGRADE
Becky explains these two terms and what you can expect from each:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=304457&d=1047732

WINDOWS TIP
Manage your printer's queue after reading this tip:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=304457&d=1047733

TODAY'S LINKS
Read the Show Notes for all of today's show content:
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=304457&d=1047734

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*
***************************Advertisement***************************

Memory PC - Memory prices have fallen substantially, and
Outpost.com is passing that savings on to you! With FREE DELIVERY.
OVERNIGHT.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=304457&d=1047735

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Becky's Show Notes for Friday, February 16, 2001...

********
Mystery Program Running PTSNOOP
********
Perry in Toms River, NJ writes "When I press Ctrl + Alt + Delete,I
see one of the programs is Ptsnoop. What is Ptsnoop?"

Ptsnoop.exe is a program installed with some brands of modem that
monitors the COM ports for the modem driver. It's not a necessary
to have it running to use the modem.
To stop it from running, you can open C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI with a
text editor such as Notepad or Word Pad. Locate and delete the
reference to Ptsnoop in either the LOAD= or RUN= lines at the top
of the file, and save the file. (Leave the LOAD= and RUN=