[csvault] Re: Structures

  • From: William Ramirez <mercan01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csvault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:13:15 -0400

I think our best bet is to create a concrete structure and let the
submittersdecide where to place their code in the structure. We can
definately let them suggest branches later on..

Let's wait until we get a few more mailing list members.

Also: started learning an PHP yet? :P
Jeremy Wagner-Kaiser wrote: Quoting William Ramirez
<mercan01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>[1]:So what were we discussing earlier? Ah, yes,
setting up the structure. Had any thoughts as to how we go about getting
things classified in structures? Well, I really see three ways to go about
it. 1) Try to make a comprehensive structure that the admins manage and
change as need be. (could get ugly) 2) Establish a preliminary structure and
allow users to build it further. This could also get ugly, especially if
several users disagree on how it should be structured. 3) A preliminary
structure, with a procedure to allow users to suggest new branches. Or maybe
an "add branch" page, and tha admins have to approve its location. As for
theactual classification, that would likely be best left to the users. This
means a "report wrong location" button at the bottom of the page, so a
misplaced page can be relocated.

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:mercan01@xxxxxxxxxxxx