[csusbpeace] Mike’s Midterm Tsunami Truth #33

  • From: Yasha Karant <ykarant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csusbpeace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:16:37 -0700

https://open.substack.com/pub/michaelmoore/p/mikes-midterm-tsunami-truth-33

"Mike's Midterm Tsunami of Truth" Campaign
Mike’s Midterm Tsunami Truth #33
Let Me Call Your Non-voting Brother-in-Law!
Michael Moore
4 hr ago [31 Oct 2022, ed.]

We have just about a week left to go. Holy shit! This is it!

To win, to make sure our large majority of climate-believing, reproductive rights-supporting, anti-capitalist-fighting, mass incarceration-liberating, voter suppression-smashing, universal health care-providing, union-organizing, affordable housing-creating and soon-to-be victors over the Republican Party — all of us MUST step it up in these final 8 days if we are going to pull off the upset of upsets and send the politically illiterate pundits and election-denying party hacks packing! Once and for all!

I, too, must do more. While I can’t fly to a dozen states and go door-to-door with each of you this week, I can do the next best thing: I can personally call your still-undecided brother-in-law and convince him to vote with us. Or your aunt who gave up voting a decade ago. Or your close friend that agrees with us but can’t stand Biden. That’s ok — let me talk to them. If you send me their phone number I’ll try to call as many as I can every day for the next 8 days. I’ll listen to them and then I’ll do my best to convince them to join us. We’ve got nothing to lose here and everything to gain, one vote at a time.

So here’s how my phone calling for you is going to work:

If you want me to call a relative or friend to convince them to vote, send me a private email to: MikesMidtermCalls@xxxxxxxxx with her/his/their name and number, what your relationship is to them (sister, brother, son, daughter, etc.), and the best time to call. NOTE: As I expect to receive a few thousand requests, I will only be able to do just so many calls. I won’t have the time to arrange it in advance with you or them. It will just be random and unexpected when I call. It’s the only way to pull off something a little crazy like this. But it’ll be fun — and I think I can bring a few people along with us.

I’m looking forward to joining with as many of you as possible. I simply want to do as much as I can while sitting here in my post-Covid recovery! Don’t worry, I’m all good, just a slight dry cough and fogging up occasionally trying to figure out why I’m watching this particular World Series (or is it the Bachelor in Paradise I’m confused about?).

I will keep sending all of you the daily Midterm Tsunami Truths and my podcast. You might also see me on a few TV shows this week as I try to confront the attempts to depress our vote with the bs of the “surging Republican victory.” Oh wait — we swore off TV! Hmmm. I’ll leave it up to you.

Let’s do this my friends! Time is running out. The hard work — convincing the vast majority of Americans to side with us on nearly all the major issues — that work is already done! They already do! Now all we have to do is get them to the polls! Easy-peasy! There’s at least 20 million more of us than the Republicans. I mean, talk about having a huge lead! Let’s not blow it. Let’s not fail and embarrass ourselves because we couldn’t get a voter 2 miles to the voting booth!

Let’s go!

Let’s do this!

I’m here to campaign with you! Put me to work! I’ve got my phone bank all set up to get your family and your friends into a voting booth and save our Democracy.

P.S. And remember — What’s the reason we’re going to win? Because we are pounding the pavement and the internets for the next 8 days! We are unstoppable. We are the majority! We love this diverse, crazy country and its Democracy — and we intend to fix it and make it even more fair and user friendly. Who’s with me?!! See you this week!