[cst_board] Re: Meeting Agenda

  • From: John Hutton <john.f.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:44:43 -0700

Hi All -

I just put a new document on the Dropbox (dated 3/3) which has two changed. First is trying to capture your quorum thought below (and I agree).

   Section IQuorum

A majority of the CAPS members (i.e. 4 of 7) shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at a meeting of the board. If quorum is not met, no voting action will be taken. Once a meeting begins, business may be transacted as long as quorum is maintained.

If a CAPS position is currently not filled (through stepping down or removal), that position will not be counted in the total (i.e. one position unfilled, quorum is 3/6).

Second was to add an additional section at the end which intends to captures changes to this document when revisions need to be made.

Thanks!

John

On 3/3/2015 4:34 PM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg wrote:

Please see the agenda for tomorrow. I think currently the thinking is 6:15 at Lisa’s house but that may change depending on how Lisa feels about hosting again.

Please also take the time to review the by-laws that are in the drop-box under the Collindale Swim Team/Documents – not the one just on the front page. I want to take a vote for adoption. Thanks to John it looks lovely! My only recommended change is the board voting quorum is currently defined at 20%. With 7 official board members that is 1.4 people which seems too few. I recommend having it defined as 4 of 7 or roughly 57%.

I am hoping to have a FAST coaching contract to review at our meeting tomorrow. I have sent an e-mail to Mike Westlund, copied to Dixie, but have not gotten any response.

If I’ve forgotten something on the agenda, please let me know.

See you tomorrow!

-Heidi