[cst_2014_board] Re: Meeting

  • From: John Hutton <john.f.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 14:41:16 -0600

Aha! Just checking e-mails and see that this never actually got sent, it looks like... Sorry about that.

I will not get this out today since no-one has had a chance to review.

I will have to change the parent meeting dates from the e-mails we have had this week.

Thanks, John

Hello Everyone -

You should have received an invite from "freelists.org" for the cst_2014_board email list. You will have to "approve" the subscription. You may end up getting two of this message as I'm trying to send to the list as well. We shall see. If I did it right, there will be a welcome e-mail with some info from me (but I'm not sure I have the site admin stuff down yet. (Mike, I'm making a cst_2014_board_friends list, but I'm going to try just one first...)

I have updated the draft letter on the drop box (and attached it here).

Dan and Trish - We "volunteered" you for positions even though you were at the meeting. I'll let Heidi sync with you offline to make sure this is acceptable (but we are hoping it will be!). :-)

Please take a review and get any suggestions/changes to me by Saturday morning as I will plan to do final update and try to get this out Saturday afternoon.

Thanks!

John

On 3/10/2014 2:49 PM, Heidi M Mechtenberg wrote:

No need to bring anything Carol. Thanks for the offer though. See you tonight.
Heidi

CAROL CLEAR <carolclear@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Craig and I plan to attend an possibly one of us leave early to attend Carson's concert, we'll see how it goes,
Can I bring anything?

Carol

On Mar 5, 2014, at 4:08 PM, "Heidi M Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

If I host a meeting at my home, who will attend?

Carol, I do not know if a coach has expressed interest, but you are right that some more practical decisions need to be made soon even while we iron out final details of the team. We can work on both at the next meeting.

Heidi

CAROL CLEAR <carolclear@xxxxxxx <mailto:carolclear@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
When we meet, do you think it would be an idea to have the new coach be their briefly? Do we know a name? ( I apologize if it's in an email. I'm behind on reading) Meet and greet and a handful of question for both 'sides'? It may be jumping the gun, I'm just thinking at some point, questions like: wed & sat meets? gold caps? Do they have an opinion on suit choice? practice structure/time?...I know some if it has been discussed but getting nearer to start time and would be good to have detail to type up for info night. Thoughts?

Carol

On Mar 4, 2014, at 2:56 PM, "Heidi M Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I can host on th 10th. 6:30 or 7 as a start time.
Heidi

Marlene Hutton <marlene.j.hutton@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:marlene.j.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote: Mike, I know we all appreciate your work on the swim team's behalf, and we all know that you have been doing your best to be clear in your communications. You can't be responsible for how Heather has heard what was being said to her or where she went from there, and I know that John was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt in his last message. (I love that about my husband, by the way.) That is no reflection on you! Again, thanks for your work. I think the most interesting thing in this communication is that Amy did not want Heather to email parents from the team, but she did anyway. I've looked at the roster from last year, and as far as I can tell, there was one family (maybe two) at Collindale last year because they knew Heather. Oh well. I think you are right in your idea of pursuing peace. Your suggestion of how Heather could have contacted any families with a personal message through you would have been the way to go--if only she had followed it.

Anyway, back to what we can constructively affect--it looks like many can come to a meeting on the 10th, and it seems that sooner is better than later. The 10th is one of those evenings we can't host, however. Lisa, thanks for offering to contact the insurance companies. I haven't done that--I don't know about anyone else. If you could, that would be great.

Heidi, thanks for the "well said" affirmation to my last email--but credit goes to Dan Ostergren. I think most of what I said regarding FAST was from a conversation with him following one of our meetings. :-)
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Marlene

On 3/3/2014 8:03 PM, Westlund, Mike wrote:

I want to be open, transparent and responsible in my communications, and am trying to stay up best I can. As most of you have noted, Jan/Feb have been ruthless months, let alone the weather induced blah’s and bugs.

Many of you have dropped tidbits about Heather. I want to lay in actual text from my side, to mitigate any more questions or rumors, and help us move on from this action item. This is a delicate matter as Amy/Splash will still tend to the pool maintenance and guards this year. And, we need to stay professional with her as she manages the Horsetooth League, and we don’t need any wrinkles there.

I already had a discussion mid-January with Amy to discuss idea around the Swim Team looking for another coach. That’s when she let me know she would prefer not to do it again anyway, unless I really needed it. So, that was pretty easy.

I followed up with Amy last month via email to insure she would close out with Heather -

/With our previous conversation last month that the Parents Committee elected not to solicit Splash, nor Heather, this year for coaching, can I assume you will inform Heather so she can plan accordingly? They asked me for closure in that she be given fair notification. I will assume you will best represent that in case you have another program fit for her./

And here is what Amy related to me that she communicated to Heather –

/I have notified Heather that neither of us will be working directly with the swim team this season. I have asked Heather not to email parents that she knows on the team to let them know she won’t be there. /

/She stated that some of the families who joined last year did so because she was coaching there and she wanted to let them know if and where she may be coaching. I spoke to her at length but did not promise her a position elsewhere, although that is not off of the list./

//

The part that I highlighted in green is the only remaining part that didn’t have clear closure.

And I countered –

*/Heather contacting parents –/*

/Heather is welcome to contact me with her contact detail and any families she would like to get a private message to. If I know what program she gets associated with nest, I am glad to communicate that among the parents somehow. I think things will settle where they will, and am fine with folks finding the spot right for them sooner than later. She can email me and will work that out between us./

Apparently, from Amy’s exchange with her or Lance’s announcement, the specifics that I shared w/ Amy were not clearly communicated, but good enough and not my/our problem here forward.

And truthfully, the rumor moves quicker that I can react, so she’ll figure the rest out soon enough.

At this point, it is clear she has moved on.

Heather>> Apparently FAST will be sharing the pool at the same time as the summer swim team, so there will be several changes. This is just a small email group notification to let you know I will not be back at Collindale.

I will be coaching at another pool that also will have open enrollment for swimmers all over Fort Collins and Maddie hopes to coach somewhere as well.

We have been in transition for a couple years now, and I can’t please everyone, rather let folks freely migrate around based real life dynamics each year (to kids or family schedules, finances, coaches, blah, blah,…). I believe in seeking after peace. In this case, I am glad to let folks know where she is at if they prefer to follow her, but keeping it off your docket so you can move on.

Take care,

Mike