[csdn-sa] Re: Thanks David - Minutes of meeting

  • From: Denise Tzumli <denise@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:25:51 +1030

Sorry for any errors or ommissions.

Denise

Minutes of CSDN  Meeting 16/11/2002

AGENDA:
1.      Welcome
2.      Apologies
3.      Appointment of Minute Taker
4.      Reports on "Action Items"
5.      Price Structure
6.      Backbone Members
7.      Other Business
...and then party!

Meeting commenced at 3.20 pm, 14 present.

Appointment of a minutes taker. Denise volunteered.

Reports on Action Items:
Kylie was to write the intro letter. This was lost in a technical
storm. However, will still do this, and post a draft to the list-
(if small, as an attachment.)

Denise got the meeting started only 1 hour 20 minutes late.

Brian - was to contact Arnet - contact Glen.
Not done because unsure of what to do. Clarfication asked for.
Paul is volunteering to take his notebook into Aarnet, plug into
their XXX (superfast download thingy) and download the things we
need/want.
Brian to ask for permission to do this.

Paul has been collecting ......

Ian not here

John not here

......... has arranged to get CDs at 50 cents each.

Labelling kits cost $25 to $45.

Sleeve inserts ..

Pricing:
After much discussion during which the following points were
discussed
 - giving without expecting anything in return
 - sell for cheapest price but still enough to cover production
and wear and tear costs and to send money to developers
 - importance of community focus
 - who are our customers?

DECISION
The cost is $2.00 and if you want to make a donation we'll accept.

The question of is it $2 per disc or per package was left to
another time.

DECISION
After Brian described our customers vividly and clearly he was
given the task of writing our mission statement
(To jog your memory Brian you started off Our customers are those
without modems, unable to afford fast links for example students,
older people, those on low incomes ....
An additional point was that we change from a nation of criminals
to law abiding citizens, no longer pirating software)

Who will be the backbone distributors?
   Discuss this, volunteer for this on the list.

Graphics - Ian has been working on this and will put a series of
images on the web. Vote for the concepts and comments back to the
list - no send private emails but not clear to whom ? Ian Loxton?

CDSN Website.  David has done the work, looks nice but nothing on
the backend, due to David, Steve and Dave getting jobs.
Still to find a host for the site.
Will do this and have the back end completed and the whole thing
up and running by the end of the year.

Question of Incorporation
Brian will work on the mission statement and a skeleton
constitution so that he, Ian and David can meet as a subcommittee
to draft a constitution for incorporating CDSN.

Next meeting:
Saturday 18 January 2003.

Meeting closed 4.40pm
--
This is the Computer Software Distribution Network - SA