[csdn-sa] Slightly Offtopic: Progress on my CD-R... and a small grub problem.

  • From: George Patterson <george@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:53:24 +0930

This would be totally off topic except that I "volunteered" David to
give me a hand to work out what was wrong with this burner. There were
a few others as well.

To cut to the chase, David and Robyn realised that they were having
trouble with the same Brand of 52x cd blanks.

After trying another brand of CD-R (Verbatim), went back to work on
Saturday and the drive didn't work in another machine. Which meant that
that drive was faulty. ..grumble..grumble..

The replacement is working fine. At least on that evil Operating system.
Now I need to learn ide-scsi emulation and cdrecord under linux. (At
boot, Grub is sets up ide-scsi emulation on hdb when it should
be hdc.)

Thanks David for the time and effort on Friday evening.

Currently having fun with Glut and compiling flightgear. Don't
understand the issues to comment futher at this point. (Could be an
email to LinuxSA later on.)

George Patterson

--
This is the Community Software Distribution Network - SA