[csdn-sa] Meeting - 11 May 2003

  • From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:46:28 +0930

Hi There,

I would like to call a meeting on 11 May, 2003:

 Date:   Sunday, 11 May 2003
 Tine:   1330 SHARP
 Venue:  131 St Bernards Road
         Rostrevor SA 5069
 Contact:0402 440993
 Bring:  Food, Drinks, chair

I'll find a BBQ and have it going at 1200 noon for those who'd like to
have a bite to eat first.

The agenda will be:

 1. Welcome
 2. State of the Nation
 3. Proposed dual incorporation

The proposed dual incorporation is with ComputerBank South Australia to
form a group which _might_ be called something like "Community Software
and Hardware Bank Inc" or "CSHB Inc".

ComputerBank's goals are to:

 1. Promote the ownership of computer and IT equipment in the community
 2. Recycle computers and other IT equipment to ensure that the least
    amount goes to recyclers or worse landfill

ComputerBank only instals open source software and their role is very
similar to the CSDN's excepting that they deal with hardware and not
software.

Their current homepages are:

 * http://www.computerbank.org.au/
 * http://sa.computerbank.org.au/

Benefits of this merger include:

 1. Increased ability to promote both groups
 2. Increased ability to provide a wide variety of volunteer tasks
 3. Decreased administrative overhead for both groups
 4. Increased ability to provide open source advocacy in the SA
    community

...whilst at the same time not detracting from the CSDN-SA's aims and
objectives.

There is likely to be a joint meeting of ComputerBank SA and CSDN-SA at
the end of May to make this formal.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU HAVE A SAY IN THIS - if you're not able to make it
but would like something said about it, please say it here or to:

 * lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx (i.e. this address)
 * rmanning@xxxxxxxxxxx (Robyn Manning)
 * bastill@xxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Astill)
 * ilox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ian Loxton)

...so we can make sure your point of view doesn't go unnoticed.

David Lloyd
(CSDN-SA Organiser)

--
Sing a new song, chiquitita!