[cs_edworkers] I am going -- Solidarity Event with the Puerto Rican Teacher Leaders - Friday, December 11th, 6:30PM

  • From: Marjorie Stamberg <marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 19:05:36 -0500

I plan to go to this Friday (sponsored by MORE) to see what FMPR has been
doing these days. I will take the Bernie Sanders leaflet and we may have
something on Brazilian teachers.

Let me know if anyone wants to come.

[image: Inline image 2][image: Inline image 3]

Please join MORE activists in an informal conversation with *Mercedes Martinez
of the Federación de Maestros de Puerto Rico, and Ana Guzman,
**Secretary-Treasurer
of the FMPR*.

The Federation has been a leader in the fight for public schools and
teachers dignity on the island - an example for social justice teachers
unions around the world - and facing renewed attacks in the context of the
austerity debt crisis.

Please join us for an evening of solidarity!

*Friday, Dec. 11, 6:30-8:30pm - *CUNY Graduate Center, RM 5409 - 365 Fifth
Ave (6 to 33rd, any train to Herald Square, BRING ID).

In Solidarity,

MORE