[cs_edworkers] Friday -- Marxism and Education series-- Come to 8th floor

  • From: Marjorie Stamberg <marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: UFTerstoStoptheWar <UFTerstoStoptheWar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "NYCoREUpdates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <NYcoreupdates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MORE-News Google Group <MORE-News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 19:02:12 -0500

Marxism and Education Friday -- Come to 8th Floor

We have a room change for our Friday discussion -- Room 8108.  Come
and find out "What's Marx Got to Do with It?"  Answer---a lot.

The first session of the Marxism and Education discussion series for
2015 will meet Friday, February 6th at the CUNY grad center, 4:30 to
6:30, .

The series opens amid NY Governor Cuomo's rabid "state of the
state"speech in which he targets teacher-unions and public schools to
position himself nationally.

Topic is "Mexico--Ferguson--NYC: Racist Repression and the War on
Public Education."

CUNY Grad Center
4:30 to 6:30 pm
Room 8106

Fifth Avenue at 34th St, Manhattan
(B, D, F train to 34th Street, 6 train to 33rd Street)

Light Refreshments

If you want to let me know if you're coming, that's great; but just come.

This discussion is initiated by Class Struggle Education Workers.  We
are active in the UFT, CUNY PSC, and other unions with education
workers.

cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://edworkersunite.blogspot.com