[cs_edworkers] CSEW events --save the dates

  • From: Marjorie Stamberg <marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:01:12 -0500

Here are a few dates for your calendar:

   - *Wed. January 21, 6 pm* --  Diane Ravitch is speaking at a forum on
   standardized testing sponsored by Change The Stakes.  There will be Q&A
   afterwards, then small groups. Location: PS. 3, 490 Hundson Street.

   -  This will be a good place to hand out flyers for our upcoming
   discussion series, and CSEW newsletter

          We need to reserve seats in the auditorium for this Please let me
know if you want to come (should be interesting.

   - *Tuesday January 27*, 4:30 at Grad Center. This will be the first of a
   Winter-Spring Marxist and Education discussion series by CSEW.  This
   month's topic is "Mexico-Ferguson-NYC Racist Repression and and the War on
   Public Education.
   -  We set the date back a week, in order to do some more publicity.   If
   we get some interest, we can schedule other discussion dates, as we go on.

   - *NYCORE Conference, Saturday March 21*.  Our workshop was accepted,
   the title is "Oaxaca, Ayotzinapa, NYC--Teachers and Students in Struggle".

         Can everybody try to come to this. We usually get a big turnout
and its a chance to meet a lot of interested radical educators.