[cs383_team1] Re: Tonight's Submission & Demo

  • From: "Blair, Casey (blai1919@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <blai1919@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cs383_team1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cs383_team1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:54:01 +0000

So I have a stable integration of the combat system and the inventory system.
Basically, now the player can walk along and pick up an item, which adds an
attack to the "moves" arraylist in the player class based on the item picked
up. The player then can use that attack in combat.
It seems to be working, and I haven't made it crash yet, so that's good. Also,
I tried using Majeed's envelope from his branch that is supposed to represent
the item on the ground, but the png file was too big for LibGDX to read in. So
I need a smaller version of that png file to put in. Right now I'm just using a
field texture instead since it was the right size.

So, now a character can walk up to an item, and if they are one tile away from
it, and press "E", then the item will disappear from the overworld and be in
the player's inventory and add an appropriate attack based on the item's stats.

Casey