[cryptome] Re: consent and trust? Oh... but we are ABOVE the law

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 20:32:59 +0000

Yes, Alexander,
I have just read the case notes, rather long but very interesting. Nuffink new of course...the FBI have been stretching their legs for a long time on such stuff. It's a question of the state versus the people. The agents appear to be lazy, bored bastards, looking for kicks like youngsters, getting paid for producing old rope; none of them gives a shit about the law or the constitution,probably haven't even heard of it. The US of A doesn't need civil rights these days, Obama, the CIA and the FBI protects them from all evil.

Bruce Schneier is very good, I think. I subscribe to his monthly newsletter. Very good starting point for those who wish to learn about computer security. Writes lots of books, but doesn't ram it down ones throat. Brought out his own little password keeper and twofish.

On 18/12/14 20:19, Александр wrote:
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2014/12/the_limits_of_p.html

    - "The next time you call for assistance because the Internet
    service in your home is not working, the 'technician' who comes to
    your door may actually be an undercover government agent. He will
    have secretly disconnected the service, knowing that you will
    naturally call for help and -- ­when he shows up at your door,
    impersonating a technician­ -- let him in. He will walk through
    each room of your house, claiming to diagnose the problem.
    Actually, he will be videotaping everything (and everyone) inside.
    He will have no reason to suspect you have broken the law, much
    less probable cause to obtain a search warrant. But that makes no
    difference, because by letting him in, you will have 'consented'
    to an intrusive search of your home"

**