[cryptome] The American Understanding of Natural Rights

  • From: Doug <douglasrankine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 20:18:29 +0100

see url: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/american-understanding-of-natural-rights/

see url: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/the-american-misunderstanding-of-natural-rights/

see url: https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Draft-Report-of-the-Commission-on-Unalienable-Rights.pdf

Are human rights guaranteed by a Christian or any other God, or by nation states, or the United Nations or by individual human beings...or are they an invention, a figment of the imagination of our philosophers...or are they objective...existing throughout the existence of the universe, or did they come into being when creation invented human beings, who then developed language and human thought...and human reason...whatever that is...big question...and one to which I don't know the answer...but I am listening...:-)

Quote<<<

Our chances of maintaining America’s natural-rights tradition are far better if we ground our rights not on religious belief but on reason, common to all, as America’s Founders did.