[cryptome] Obama Pentagon official: Afghanistan troop withdrawal 'is not going to be a pretty picture'

  • From: "Doug" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine" for DMARC)
  • To: Cryptome FL <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 10:21:48 +0100

see url: https://news.yahoo.com/obama-pentagon-official-afghanistan-troop-withdrawal-is-not-going-to-be-a-pretty-picture-121522621.html

see full article...The USG could always throw money at the problem and this time allow the Afghanis to use it for non military purposes...After all the USG wasted billions of dollars in propping up a "democratic" regime, which was corrupt and never represented the citizens.  Still, that would be too easy...And they might corrupt the Taliban into becoming peace lovers...😉

Quote<<<

A former top Pentagon official under President Barack Obama warns that the U.S. withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan — now slated for the end of next month — is “not going to be a pretty picture” and that the Afghan government is unlikely “to hold its own” against the Taliban.

“Now we have to be realistic,” Jeh Johnson said during an interview on the Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast. “This is not going to be a pretty picture after we leave. It’s already not a pretty picture.”