[cryptome] Myanmar ambassador’s night in a car presents a problem for the UK

  • From: douglasrankine <douglasrankine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cryptome FL <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 11:22:19 +0100

see url: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/myanmar-ambassador-london-embassy-coup-b1828506.html

see full report...Myanmar military coup in UK embassy in London deposes ambassador and he is forced to sleep outside in his car which is parked on double yellow lines...

Quote<<<

Following a night spent in his car after being locked out of his embassy in London, Myanmar’s ambassador has urged the British government to live up to its declarations on upholding universal democratic values and stand by him.

Ambassador Kyaw Zwar Minn requested the Foreign Office to act against the “coup in central London” just as it had condemned the one in Myanmar.

He asked that his deputy, who has taken over the building, should not be recognised as his replacement and be expelled instead, along with other supporters of the military junta which seized power.

The request from the ambassador poses an awkward problem for Britain.

Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary on a visit to countries in the Far East, tweeted: “We condemn the bullying actions of the Myanmar military regime in London yesterday, and I pay tribute to Kyaw Zwar Minn for his courage.